Forest School on Dartmoor at Waycotts Orchard, Buckfastleigh, Devon.
Waycotts Orchard Forest School welcomes you to experience exciting and inspiring classes for children, families and adults. Encouraging you to learn about the natural world, through playing games, craft activities and exploration.
New Workshop - Tracking day August 16th. 10 - 4.
This will be a tracking day with Luke Sutton, who has worked with the Barn owl Trust and is now working with the Hawk and Owl trust, Peregrine research and the Devon Mammal Group, mainly studying Otters.
We will look at different tracking methods, through games and activities. We will look at different types of tracks, prints, markings etc including different types of droppings! Luke is going to set up some camera traps and sand traps the day before, so we can see what might be around.
Drinks supplied, bring lunch to share. Directions on this site. Cost £ 50. £ 25 deposit payable to secure your place.
- 'Thanks Neil for an amazing weekend...'.
Mark, Forest School leader.
- 'Thanks Neil I thought you were great with the kids. Just wanted to tell you that my daughter spontaniously broke out into the rowing song today in a shop and hasn't stopped since! It was fantastic'.
Roo, Mother & Forest School Leader.
- 'Thank you for today Neil. Felt some real meaning and empowerment again, feeling stronger for the week ahead'.
Hannah, NHS worker.
- 'Neil, I'm still really moved by your session on Saturday, thank you'.
Felicity, Mum & Drumming teacher.
- 'Thank you for your stories, calmness and poise, I found it inspiring'.
Other opportunities to do Forest School:
During the school holidays. Neil can facilitate individual groups from 2 year olds to adults, on their own site or at Waycotts Orchard.
Birthday parties, Storytelling, Team building, Bushcraft or an alternative hen or stag Day!
- Accompanied sessions. £ 5-00 for 2 hrs, £ 7-50 for 3 hrs.
- Unaccompanied sessions. £ 10 for 2 hrs, £ 15 for 3 hrs.
- 10% off for 6 sessions or more.
- Costs for parties etc priced on individual basis.
- Phone with your requirements and ideas/objectives.
Forest School leader - Neil Martin
Trained at Duchy of Cornwall College in Forest School leader skills Levels 2 and 3 during 2011/12, he also has an outdoor first aid certificate and is enhanced DBS checked.
Neil has just finished a very exciting and amazing new course with Wildwise and Schumacher college called a Foundation in Outdoor Education. This has given Neil even more skills, tools and confidence for the Forest school and bushcraft world.
Neil has been teaching part-time at Buckfastleigh primary school and running private sessions at Waycotts Orchard since July 2012.
Prior to Completing this training, he taught Evening Classes for Adult Education at Kingsbridge Community College for Specialist Painting Techniques , whilst running his own specialist decorating business.
Before moving to Devon in 1997 he taught at West Kent College in the Painting and Decorating Department.
Neil has a wealth of practical knowledge and a love of the outdoor environment. As a Father of 3 and a trained forest school leader, he has the patience and understanding of children’s needs and requirements, and is able to help them fulfil their true potential in an informal outdoor environment.